Based in Melbourne, Australia, we are a design-led company with a focus on educational toys and games for children aged 0-8 years. Our wide range of puzzles, activity sets and art and craft packs give your child a basic understanding of skills such as maths, literacy, problem-solving and more. Our products also help with children's sensory and motor development.
SIMPLE TOYS, BETTER PLAY
At mierEdu, we strive to create sensory stimulating products using bright colours, shapes and textures that little ones will love. We believe that ‘less is more’, and aim to provide children and families with basic toys that are fun yet essential for their development.
We offer a curated selection of well-designed, educational toys at a very affordable price for children and families. Our goal is to make everyday play enjoyable for children while helping them reach their milestones.
Our toy development strategy is based around an American Psychologist Professor Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences. We aim to provide educational toys which awaken and advance a child’s individual, potential intelligences. Specifically, we wish to provide a range of products, for children to discover and grow their superior intelligences, or strengths.
In the framework of multiple intelligences, the human intelligence structure consists of at least eight intelligence elements: linguistic intelligence, logical-mathematical intelligence, visual-spatial intelligence, musical intelligence, bodily-kinesthetic intelligence, interpersonal intelligence, intrapersonal intelligence and naturalistic intelligence.
- Linguistic intelligence refers to the ability to use language competently and creatively; it can contribute to developing children's listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Logic-mathematical intelligence refers to the ability to understand, reason, and express the relationship between logical structures; it can contribute to developing children's mathematical, logical, computational, and scientific skills.
- Visual-spatial intelligence refers to the ability to recognise and express perceivable attributes such as colour, shape, and spatial location; it can contribute to developing children's shape and colour cognition, observation and memory, creativity, imagination, and spatial construction skills.
- Musical intelligence refers to the ability to recognise, distinguish, recall, and perform music; it can contribute to developing children’s vocal and instrumental perception and expression.
- Bodily-kinaesthetic intelligence refers to the broader coordination and balance of the human body, as well finer motor skills and the ability to express thoughts and emotions; it can contribute to developing children's physical agility, dexterity, gross and fine movement skills.
- Interpersonal intelligence refers to a sensitivity to other’s expressions, speech, gestures, and the ability to respond effectively to them; it can contribute to developing children's social skills, empathy, compassion, and leadership.
- Intrapersonal intelligence refers to the ability to recognise, perceive, and introspect; it can contribute to developing children's planning and goal-setting skills, self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and self-confidence.
- Naturalistic intelligence refers to the ability to appreciate and classify elements of the natural world; it can contribute to developing children’s nomenclature skills, worldly curiosity, and philanthropy.
Through comprehensive research and development, here at mierEdu, we are able to provide a complete system which effectively incorporates Multiple Intelligences into educational toys.